Post Run Recovery Drink
Let’s talk about nutrition for a bit. I wanted to share my favorite smoothie recipe. For the last 13 month I had one these green beverages almost daily. Sometimes as a meal replacement but most days as a post run recovery drink. I tinkered with the recipe quite a bit at the beginning until I found the best tasting version (for me). It is very delicious and I never get tired of drinking it. So here it is.
- 12 oz Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 100g (3.5oz) of Baby Spinach
- Medium size Banana
- 1/4 cup of Oats
- 2 scoops of Orgain Protein Powder – Vanilla
- 5-7 ice cubes
- Add almond milk, spinach, and oats to the blender.
- FIRST BLENDING – Blend until the spinach and oats are nice and smooth. Or not, if you like is crunchy, about 30sec.
- Add the banana, protein powder, and ice cubes.
- SECOND BLENDING – Blend until everything is mixed up. You’ll hear when the ice is smooth. The “Pulse” function is your friend.
Nutrition Specs (click to expand)
In this version the smoothie has about 480 calories. If I don’t want all the carbs I leave out the oats. The total volume is anywhere between 24 and 28 fl oz depending on the size of the banana and how much spinach I grabbed. This was actually the first I measured because I usually just eyeball it.
I only included carbs, protein, and fat here (click to expand) but the smoothie also has a ton of potassium, vitamins, and iron. It’s also vegan friendly.
Thanks for reading!